Thursday, September 28, 2006

STILL FLOATING!!!

Thank-you everyone for all of your prayers, kind words and gestures. I can't believe it's finally happening!!! We do still need your support for a safe trip to bring Lian home. We should have a final travel date in about a week and we should receive all of Lian's information (medical, etc.) via courier by Monday. We then will visit with her paediatrician and our social worker and review the documents with them. Our social worker has to prepare a final document indicating whether or not we accept the referral and then we send it back to the agency and they send it back to China. This all has to happen within a week so we really have to move quickly. Once that is done we scramble to get prepared for travel: get our final immunizations, prepare some dinners which can be frozen (I think that sleep may be at a minimum for a while and those of you who know me know that cooking is not one of my favourite past times when I'm wide awake let alone when I'm sleep deprived), make arrangements for a dog sitter for our first baby (Buster), go to the dentist, childproof the house, get ALL of our paperwork in order, pack (that's going to be fun... squishing 2 weeks worth of diapers, formula, clothes, shoes, toiletries and medications into 2 suitcases....yeah, wish us luck with that) ....hmmmm! I think I'm missing something....oh yeah: SHOP SHOP SHOP!!!

1 comment:

Emma and Lauren's mommy said...

Anything I can do?????