Saturday, October 21, 2006
CONCERNS
So, we're at the point now where it's becoming a reality and crazy thoughts pop into my head at the strangest times. I'm shampooing my hair in the shower and I start to think about whether I really need a change table. I'm watching my favourite TV show (Coronation Street - as if I had to tell you) and I drift off to babyland. It's only a half hour show, you would think I could focus for that long. At work I find myself doing 5 things at the same time...this has been happening for the past few months, then my brain screams out FOCUS!!! (Don't worry GW I haven't done anything that would cause the LS to get involved - at least not that I know of!) You see, I think of things that I still need for Lian, but not all at once, at different times during the day...one thing here and then 20 minutes later something else...and then I go to Wallyworld to do some shopping for baby and BANG!, my mind goes blank. FOCUS!!! This must be what I have heard referred to as "mommy brain". I've heard those new moms talk about it. I think I've got it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Heee,Heee. It is only the beginning...LOL. I do however remember that scrambled head and the not focusing at work...The person I was training had to tell me to tune back in...LOL....she knew I was excited.
I see you are going earlier to Beijing, great idea....trust me you will be thankful you did when you get there. Make sure you go to the silk market one of those days...to hard with the baby! It is a must for gifts though. Make sure you start LOW with the offer on an item if something is 100yuan only offer 30yuan. Walk away and they will bargin with you. Never pay more then half for something. We need a nother suitcase and it was 1250yuan ($178.57) we got it for 220yuan ($35).
Goodluck with the packing. If you need anything email me. Other then that I will be following your journey.
You will be getting Lian on the day that of Olivia's Baptism / 1st B-day party. (her b-day is the 29th of November)
Anyway, best of luck to you!
Heidi
Nick and I are checking your blog daily with much anticipation. We know you have waited a long time for this and can wait to see pictures of Lian in your long awaiting arms... we share in your anticipation and happiness. Give our best to your Mom as well...
thinking happy thoughts...
Best to you all, the Grima family.
(Devins's Mom and Dad)
Post a Comment