Saturday, April 22, 2006

LAZY DAYS

So these are the mornings that my fellow adopters-in-waiting tell me to relish. I've had my morning coffee and I'm sitting in my kitchen blogging in the beautiful sunshine. Buster's snoring away (he's the late sleeper in the family), and I've been thinking about getting my butt out off this chair and having a shower for at least the last hour. My most stressful moment this morning was when I opened the front door and realized that the paperboy had not yet been. They tell me to enjoy these moments while I still can, but I've had so many of them and I'm really ready for the crazy mornings with a one-year-old when all I'll have time to think about are her needs, and I'll be lucky if I have 5 minutes in the shower to myself. So, I think about the chaos of the days to come and it makes me smile. I can't wait!!!

However, to update everyone, our agency tells us that the wait for referral will be 16 months, so that would put us at late November. Just when we thought we'd have our own baby to buy a ridiculous amount of toys for at Christmas, that dream has been shattered. We're now looking at January or February 2007 travel, which is totally depressing, because when our file went to China (July 28/05) it was a 6 month referral wait and we thought we'd travel by March 2006 and now it's going to be almost a year longer.

No comments: